Medical imaging, car detailing companies take top prizes in latest Entrepreneur Rising Academy pitch
March 21, 2023
A startup that aims to offer low-cost, self-pay ultrasound services took first prize last week at the culminating pitch night for the Entrepreneur Rising Academy winter 2023 cohort.
Eryion Bolden is the founder of Affordable Imaging. She already has the imaging machine, and she is now looking for a location.
Currently, Dayton’s hospital systems are the only option for medical imaging services. If someone needs medical imaging not covered by insurance, the self-pay option is typically $1500-1800. Affordable Imaging will be able to provide that service for less than 10 percent of that cost.
A typical customer for elective medical imaging is pregnant moms, Eryion explained. Typically insurance only covers two ultrasounds during a pregnancy, but moms often want to see their baby more than twice.
Second place in the pitch competition went to Jerome Scott Jr., founder of Fiduciary Details, a company offering ala carte car detailing services.
Eryion took home $1,000 and Jerome took home $500. Thank you, Wright Patt Credit Union, for sponsoring the pitch prize for this winter 2023 cohort!
Tap into the Academy
Entrepreneur Rising Academy is a free, 10-week, business-building bootcamp managed by Launch Dayton partner Parallax Advanced Research. The next cohort kicks off April 12!
Participants complete Kauffman FastTrac coursework from the nationally-renowned Kauffman Foundation, receive pitch coaching and hands-on mentoring, weekly discussions with successful entrepreneurs and experts, & access to Dayton’s business resource providers.
The bootcamp helps early-stage founders and business owners build the foundational knowledge needed to launch and grow successful businesses.
Other winter 2023 cohort graduates include:
- Shannon Perry, founder of UVC Stylus, offering a patent-pending self-cleaning stylus;
- Corinne Brion, founder of Turtle Up, an ecotourism startup that aims to save sea turtles while impacting communities in Ghana;
- Sean McKinney, founder of glass art studio Silica Dreams;
- Elyse Sevi, founder of Telegenic Queen, offering on-camera coaching to pageant contestants;
- Christopher Campbell, founder of S.I.L.C., offering custom-made men’s jewelry;
- Leslie Klenke, founder of LocalHaus, a retail playground offering affordable booth space to small businesses and a fun experience for customers (coming to Front Street this April!)
- Latoya Jones, founder of LuxGirl, a self-care brand for young girls;
- E. Marie Moore, founder of Kool Beanz Cafe, an inner-generational coffee shop.
Curious if Entrepreneur Rising Academy is a fit for you? Learn more & apply for our next cohort, kicking off in just a few weeks!