Good news roundup April 2019: Celebrate with these area entrepreneurs!
April 30, 2019
In this new monthly feature, we’re celebrating milestones big and small with our entrepreneurs and founders! See what our awesome startups have been up to this month, in no particular order:
• Several local entrepreneurs made the Dayton Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 list! Congratulations, KeAnna Daniels, Lauren White, Julio Mateo, Ryan Muhlenkamp, Brian Powell & Caressa Brown!
• Dani Ruffolo, founder of Handy Hats, auditioned for Shark Tank in Nashville, Tennessee & won the University of Dayton’s Flyer Pitch. Congratulations, Dani!
• Founder Will Foster & head chef Ben Kalis of Picnk announced a partnership with Levitt Pavilion to sell picnic baskets at this summer’s free concerts. Congratulations, gentlemen!
• Tae Winston got a physical truck for her Fashion Remedy Boutique. Congratulations, Tae!
• The National Black Business Directory became an official Techstars affiliate. Congratulations, Nate!
• Third Wave Water launched a new product, the Tethys, a new inline water system for cafes. Congratulations Charles & Taylor!
• Yellow Springer Tees & Promotions announced they’ll be opening a brick & mortar in June. Congratulations, Mark!
• Pepe’s Mexican Flavors marked one year in business. Congratulations, Jazline!
• Emerald Sparks was featured in Cinci Chic, and successfully trademarked her brand, Create Sparks. Congratulations, Emerald!
• Yetunde Rodrigues of Yetunde Rodriguez Design announced she’ll be artist-in-residence this summer at the Northwest Branch of the Dayton Public Library. Congratulations, Yetunde!
• Caroline Cao of Endo Guidance Technologies was awarded $150K from the state of Ohio for prototype development. Congratulations, Caroline!
• Seth Hummel of Strong Plastics was awarded $100K from the state of Ohio for prototype development, Congratulations, Seth!
• Mutt’s Sauce arrived on the shelves of 87 Kroger stores in the corporation’s Cincinnati division. Congratulations, Charlynda!
• GlobalFlyte was named the Soin Award for Innovation winner!
Something or someone we missed? Tell us! We need your help rounding up this good news so we can celebrate our entrepreneurs together. Thank you in advance!