Tumble, Bailout Systems take top prizes at Startup Week Pitch Competition
September 14, 2021
Twelve startup founders pitched for $10K in cash prizes last night at Launch Dayton Startup Week 2021!
Taking first place in the innovation/tech category was Michael Ragsdale, founder of Bailout Systems, a fall safety company that has developed the world’s smallest rappelling/descent technology, enabling user from multiple industries to lower or fall hands free.
First place in the main street category went to cofounder duo Charles Wheeler & Jeffrey Caldwell of Tumble, providing on-demand wash&fold and dry-cleaning services, giving users more free time.
This year tech/innovation pitch prize was sponsored by Entrepreneurs’ Center, & the main street pitch prize was sponsored by Spark Fairborn.
Bailout Systems and Tumble each took home $5,000 to infuse into their businesses.
All of the pitches were fantastic, and the judges had a difficult time selecting a winner. Also pitching at the 2021 Startup Week Pitch Competition were:
In the innovation/tech-based category —
- Lunnie. Community-led brand for a pretty and powerful postpartum. We’re reinventing the nursing bra.
- Green Zero Energy. Green Zero Energy is revolutionizing the renewable energy sector with clean mobile power.
- IRT. Communication of results of Remote Patient Monitoring to and from a patient’s Electronic Health Record.
- MilesAhead Energy. At MilesAhead Energy, our obsession are solid-state batteries, that will enable electric vehicle & electric aircraft manufacturers to charge faster and have higher power for takeoff/landing; via our heat-embracing battery technology.
- Illume. illume is developing a wearable SOS device for endurance athletes to allow them a vital communication link with emergency contacts or emergency services while training.
In the main street category —
- Ceremony. Ceremony boxes to honor, heal and celebrate the events of life
- New Season Wellness. New season wellness provides health conscious individuals a variety of CBD infused products that can replace many items used daily
- Hue House. Hue House is an independently owned fine art supply store and community studio located in Downtown Dayton serving artists and aspiring creatives of all ages and abilities.
- Home Cooked Vibes. As good as Grandma’s…with a Chicago twist!
- Gem City Selfie Museum. Using vibrant colors and interactive props to increase mental wellness so you can grow to become your best SELF!
Congratulations to all the pitching founders!