Startup Week tickets are live!
June 21, 2022
Registration is LIVE for Launch Dayton Startup Week Presented by Fifth Third Bank
Dayton’s biggest annual event for entrepreneurs and startup founders is fully back in person Sept. 13-15
Registration is live for Launch Dayton Startup Week Presented by Fifth Third Bank, the Dayton region’s premiere entrepreneurship conference.
Launch Dayton Startup Week is the Dayton, Ohio entrepreneur community’s largest event, drawing roughly 1K attendees annually to celebrate, inspire and equip the Dayton region’s startup founders & business owners. This year, we’re proud to announce Fifth Third Bank as our presenting sponsor.
This year, the conference will be fully in-person, Sept. 13-15 at the Dayton Arcade and The Hub Powered by PNC. Park at the Reibold Garage on Fifth Street, or park at meters available around the building, and enter the conference through the Arcade Rotunda entrance at 35 W. Fourth St.
“The community spoke, and we listened,” said Launch Dayton Startup Week organizer Audrey Ingram. “Come out to be inspired by the stories of your fellow founders and get your business questions answered on the spot by area resource providers. Let Startup Week be a launching point for you to build a company that will impact our community.”
Everyone is welcome at Launch Dayton Startup Week
All experiences are welcome at Startup Week — whether a seasoned entrepreneur or new to the community, there is space to jump in. Register here.
The organizing team is committed to hosting a conference that is representative of the community we serve. Last year, main stage speakers were 50 percent women and 50 percent people of color. This year, we are working to meet those ratios across all conference stages.
We’re also mixing the schedule back up — rather than themed tracks by day, we hope that any business owner can find a relevant session whatever day they’re able to attend.
Sessions will cover a range of topics, such as:
- You Have an LLC. Now What?, offering practical tips and next steps for new business owners;
- Turning Social Media Followers Into Customers, offering tips and tricks from leading marketers
- The Due Diligence Checklist: Preparing to Raise Venture Capital, a workshop
- Bosses Who Brew, a collaboration with Scripted in Black that will center the voices of Black founders and creatives
- Business Automation: Don’t Put a Person Where a Process Can Be, a guide to streamlining operations to work smarter, not harder
- Business 101 Workshops, a series of sessions that will send attendees home with a completed business model canvas
- Retail Lab Hop, a social event that will take attendees to some of Dayton’s newest storefronts
- Hiring in a Post-Pandemic World, a guide to make your job posting stand out tand reach top candidates
- Focus Over Balance, from Inphlu founder Josh Reid, who will share his story as a Black founder in tech and why entrepreneurs should get comfortable being uncomfortable
- Bouncing Back: Your Recipe For Success, from Charlynda Scales, founder of Mutt’s Sauce
- No, You Don’t Need a Brick + Mortar to Start Your Business, where Chef Zack Weiner from Jollity and Chef Dane Shipp from Yellow Springs Food Hall will share how they proved their concepts first with pop-up dinners and events
Other session topics will include access to capital, hands-on marketing workshops, founder wellness strategies, the state of Black venture capital, proposal-writing for artists, an intro to the 6888 Kitchen Incubator and more.
Want to sponsor this year’s conference? Reach out to [email protected].
Can’t afford a formal sponsorship, but still want to support? This year, we’re launching two donation-based tickets, in addition to our always-free attendee ticket.
Pay It Forward: Community Supporter ticket buyers can donate any amount to be recognized as an individual community supporter. Community supporters’ names will be listed on the conference website. If tickets are purchased by Aug. 31, names will also be listed on conference signage in the Rotunda.
Pay It Forward: Business Supporter ticket buyers can donate a minimum of $100 to have their business name listed. Business supporters will also be listed on the website, and if tickets are purchased by Aug. 31, listed on conference signage in the Rotunda.
Apply to be a vendor in this year’s Startup Market! We have a dozen spots each day, and we’re looking for folks with cool products under $30.
Design this year’s Startup Week conference tee! It’s the most coveted piece of conference swag, and we’re looking to pay four local artists to create potential designs for this year. Learn more.
Pitch your business! Apply here for the annual Launch Dayton Startup Week Pitch Competition. Winners in both tech and main street categories will take home up to $5K in prize money.
Register today for the first look at the schedule when we release it in full in July.